Dept. of Humanities & Publications
The Department of Humanities and Publications of the Ministry of Culture is composed of four divisions. Its functions include the following:
- Fostering, planning, coordinating, guiding, and enhancing the nation's overall level of culture and humanities.
- Fostering the nation's literary talents and promoting their works.
- Planning, coordinating, rewarding, and promoting all policies in relation to preserving the nation's dynamic and diverse culture.
- Planning, researching, supporting, rewarding, and promoting the nation's legislation in relation to the publishing industry.
- Fostering new talents and promoting exchanges in relation to the publishing industry.
- Researching, gathering, coordinating, and publishing information in relation to the scope of work and standards of the publishing industry.
- Supervising and guiding the nation's corporations and foundations in relation to the publishing industry.
- Planning, researching, guiding, and supporting the nation's policies in relation to government publications; collecting and making publicly available information on publishing resources, research, and development.
- Utilizing and safekeeping cultural creative materials from the public sphere such as pictures, books, and historic data; promoting, selling, distributing, and soliciting feedback on government publications.
- All other developments related to humanities and the publishing industry.