Taiwan Academy in Los Angeles
The Taiwan Academy in Los Angeles aims to tap into Hollywood, the world's leading film and TV industry center, to promote Taiwan's audiovisual products; deepen the cooperative relations with U.S. arts, cultural, and film organizations; enhance the international image of Taiwan's culture and arts; and partner with academic institutions under the Spotlight Taiwan
program to promote Taiwanese culture on the U.S. West Coast and in Western Canada.
The Academy in Los Angeles oversees cultural operations in 13 states of the western United States － California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Idaho, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Arizona, New Mexico, and Hawaii － and the Canadian provinces west of Ontario.
The major objectives of the Taiwan Academy in LA are:
- To plan, coordinate, and organize cultural exchange affairs;
- To organize and participate in international exhibitions and events related to the cultural and creative sector;
- To plan, coordinate, and organize activities promoting Taiwan's culture;
- To help negotiate, secure, and carry out collaborative cultural projects with organizations from the public and private sectors;
- To collect information on the cultural policies of foreign nations and their strategies and management of overseas agencies and venues for cultural promotion.
March 2018 | Taste Taiwan
December 2017 | 'The Ocean of Memories'
September 2017 | Taiwan New Cinema
July 2017 | 'As Heavy as a Feather'
April 2017 | Los Angeles Asia Pacific Film Festival
February 2017 | 'Reading Taiwan'
November 2016 | 'Several Ways to Believe'
August 2016 | 'Sleep Mode'
May 2016 | UCSB
March 2016 | Beyond the Frame
October 2015 | Music Without Borders
May 2015 | Taiwan Film Series
May 2015 | ‘Growing Up with Hou Hsiao-hsien'
April 2015 | ‘Voco Novo U.S. Tour'
October 2014 | Taiwanese Documentary Series
October 2014 | Westwood Headquarters