Through several flagship programs for the film industry, the Ministry of Culture aims to promote originality, secure financing, expand markets, adopt new techniques, foster talents, and integrate resources. The three main objectives are:
One: To assist Taiwanese filmmakers in producing Taiwanese blockbuster films by:
- Researching trends in the Chinese-speaking film industry and markets.
- Promoting cinematic creativity and scriptwriting development.
- Supporting filmmakers who produce mid- or large-scale movies in Chinese-speaking community.
- Supporting filmmakers who produce mid- or small- sized Taiwanese movies that are culturally diverse and competitive on the market.
Two: To foster strategic marketing and promotional plans in the Taiwanese film industry by:
- Strengthening the marketing and promotion of Taiwanese films at home and abroad.
- Expanding the influence of the Golden Horse Awards.
- Revising outdated policies or unsuitable regulations, such as those governing joint productions.
- Negotiating for the entry of Taiwanese movies to the mainland Chinese market.
Three: To strengthen the filmmaking industry and train film professionals by:
- Encouraging participation in the Ministry's training programs.
- Welcoming more pre- and post-production works to Taiwan
- Elevating the production standards of Taiwanese movies and supervising Taiwanese film professionals in meeting international standards.
- Enhancing the quality of digitalization in the local film industry.