The Bureau of Cultural Heritage has sponsored various international exchange activities in order to enhance Taiwanese people's knowledge of worldwide cultural heritage preservation and maintenance. Conversely, these events help the international community better understand the steps taken by Taiwan to preserve and elevate its own cultural heritages.
In recent years, the Bureau has helped to promote the preservation of cultural heritage by:
- Celebrating International Cultural Heritage Day, hosting international academic seminars and inviting foreign scholars and experts to visit Taiwan and share their experiences.
- Participating in international travel fairs to promote potential world heritage sites in Taiwan and to raise the international profile of natural and cultural heritages in Taiwan.
- Sponsoring international academic and cultural visits to learn from the experiences of other countries in relations to cultural heritage preservation.
- Requesting foreign scholars to present their advice on the current cultural heritage preservation environment in Taiwan.
- Inviting foreign groups to perform or exhibit in Taiwan for the public to better understand foreign cultures.
- Establishing bilateral or multilateral cooperation plans to share experiences of cultural heritage preservation.
- Promoting the cultivation of local professionals and learning the latest heritage preservation techniques.
- Conducting cross-strait cultural cooperation to promote cultural exchanges between the two sides.
The Bureau hopes that these international exchange activities will not only help local citizens to better understand the current development of cultural heritage preservation in the world, but also help the international community know more about Taiwan's precious cultural heritage and its bid to share its cultural wealth with the world.