Taiwan's motion picture industry has grown at an incredible pace in recent years. To facilitate the production of quality Taiwanese movies and to capture a larger portion of the Chinese-speaking film market and foreign film markets, the Ministry's flagship programs include:
- Supporting both established filmmakers who produce mid- or large-scale movies and new filmmakers who produce small-sized movies that are culturally diverse and competitive on the market;
- Expanding the influence of Taiwan's film awards, such as the Golden Horse Awards;
- Revising outdated policies or unsuitable regulations, such as those governing joint productions;
- Negotiating for the entry of Taiwanese movies to the mainland Chinese market;
- Enabling more pre- and post-production cinematic work to be conducted by Taiwanese professionals.