As educational institutions that preserve and promote all facets of a nation's legacy, museums play an integral role in strengthening cultural identity and distributing educational materials. Therefore, theMinistry remains dedicated to:
- Implementing projects that promote the integration of resources, especially among regional museums and local cultural centers;
- Rewarding museum programs that reflect a high level of innovation in fields such as promoting regional tourism or local heritages;
- Facilitating activities that strengthen international and cross-strait museum exchanges, especially in the areas of collection loans, joint research exhibitions, and co-publishing projects;
- Training new museum personnel in museum management, exhibition organization, public relations, and marketing;
- Subsidizing museum programs that assist or promote marginalized groups such as Taiwanese aborigines, new immigrants, and ethnic minorities, or those that highlight gender equality and human rights issues.