Sangpuy (桑布伊), a Golden Melody Award-winning singer-songwriter, will open the 3rd DPAC Arts Festival with his first-ever concert in Malaysia on July 10.
Titled “Convergence,” which refers to “the place that gathers art,” this year’s festival will pass on the core spirit of DPAC to encourage the Malaysian public to participate in more cultural activities and foster their appreciation of art.
Sangpuy and Katatepan Cultural Studio (卡達德邦文化工作室) will kick off the festival with tracks from his latest album “Yaangad (椏幹),” which emphasizes the importance of maintaining harmony between mankind and nature through soulful music.
Named after the word meaning “life” in the Beinan language, “Yaangad” just won Best Aboriginal Vocalist, Album of the Year, and Best Vocal Recording Album at the 28th Golden Melody Awards in June.
C+ Culture, a Taiwan-based creative platform for cultural exchanges, will also bring homemade goods by Taiwanese artists to the festival’s weekend market Partiii Bazaar.
Visitors at Partiii Bazaar will be introduced to the creativity of Taiwanese artists as well as local artists. Workshops, forums, exhibitions, and gigs will also be available during the weekend market.
The 10-day DPAC Arts Festival this year will also feature “Section By Stesen” by Malaysian dancer Zamzuriah Zahari, “Puppets” by German choreographer Paula Rosolen, and “Andre & Dorine” by Kulunka Theatre Company from Spain.
- July 10 – 11: “Yanggand,” Sangpuy and Katatepan Cultural Studio
- July 12 – 13: “Puppets,” DPAC & Paula Rosolen/Haptic Hide
- July 13 – 16: “Andre & Dorine,” Kulunka Theatre Company
- July 15 – 19: “Section By Stesen,” Zamzuriah Zahari
- July 14 – 16: Partiii Bazaar, DPAC & C+ Culture
- July 15 – 16: “Dancing in Place – City Site,” My Dance Alliance (大馬吾舞聯盟)
‘3rd DPAC Arts Festival’
- Date: July 10 – 19, 2017
- Venue: Damansara Performing Arts Centre
- Address: H-01, Empire Damansara, Jalan PJU 8/8, Damansara Perdana, 47820 Petaling Jaya, 47820 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
- Website: www.dpac.com.my