Golden Tripod Awards
- Chinese Title: 「金鼎獎」
- Year of Establishment: 1976
- Site: http://www.nv.com.tw/103toma/
- Facebook: GoldenTripodAwards
- Behind the Name: A “ding,” the Chinese word for tripod, is a three-legged ancient Chinese metal container that symbolizes the inheritance of culture.
The Golden Tripod Awards were founded in 1976, with the aim of promoting a culture of reading, improving the quality of publications in Taiwan and recognizing outstanding Taiwanese publications and excellent publishers.
The first 35 Golden Tripod Award ceremonies were organized by the Government Information Office (GIO), while the 36th Golden Tripod Awards ceremony was organized by the Ministry of Culture following the merging of the GIO into the Ministry in 2012.
The annual awards for publications cover three major categories — special contribution, magazine and book — which are divided into awards for literature, non-fiction and books for children and juveniles. The ceremony is usually held in July or August.
In 1996, the Golden Tripod Awards for Publications were canceled for the musical album category, which was later merged into the Golden Melody Awards. And in 2001 the GIO stopped conferring the awards for news reports in line with the fact that the media should act as a watchdog that monitors the government.
Special Contribution Awards
- Special Contribution Award
- Special Contribution Award for Magazine Publication
- Special Contribution Award for Book Publication
Magazine Publication Awards
- Best Arts and Humanities Magazine
- Best Financial Magazine
- Best Children’s and Juvenile Magazine
- Best Popular Science Magazine
- Best Fashion and Lifestyle Magazine
- Best Education and Learning Magazine
- Best Health and Leisure Magazine
- Magazine Individual Awards
- Excellence in Feature Writing
- Excellence in Columns and Commentary
- Excellence in Photography
- Best Editor-in-chief
- Best Artistic Design
Book Publication Awards
> Literature Category
- Best Literature Book
> Non-fiction Category
- Social Science
- Art Appreciation
> Children and Juvenile Category
- Literary language
- Picture Book
- April 2013 > Winners of the 37th Golden Tripod Awards
- July 2014 > Publisher Rex How honored for lifetime contributions
- June 2015 > 2015 Winners of Taiwan’s top publishing awards