Performance Arts | Taiwan Brand Project
- Chinese Title:「台灣品牌團隊」
- Site: http://taiwanbrand2013.moc.gov.tw/
The Taiwan Brand Project is a biannual initiative that enables performing art groups to become globally competitive and internationally renowned.
A flagship project of 2013-15, the initiative will:
- Help performance troupes focus on artistic creation. The Ministry has budgeted NT$100 million (US$3.36 million) to subsidize local groups that have staged performances overseas or have such potential, and whose operations have reached a certain size.
- Help introduce Taiwan’s unique performing arts to the world. The Ministry will assist top-performing Taiwanese groups in establishing their brand names and gaining renown in the international art community.
- Help make performing arts more accessible. To achieve the Ministry’s objective of securing equal cultural rights for all citizens, participating groups are encouraged to reach out to communities and villages in Taiwan’s more remote regions.
In 2015, NT$99 million (US$3.12 million) was used to help Cloud Gate Dance Theatre Foundation, Ming Hwa Yuan Arts & Cultural Group, Ju Percussion Group Foundation, Paper Windmill Theater, and U Theatre Culture & Arts Foundation establish their presence on the international stage and develop the foundation of Taiwan’s soft powers.
- January 2014 > Elevating Taiwan's int'l image through performing arts
- January 2013 > The recipients of the Ministry's 2013 'Taiwan Brand' program