Local cultural museums are renovated historic buildings that now serve as venues for preserving, showcasing and sharing the region’s unique cultural heritage.
Policies & Initiatives
Supervision of the Local Cultural Museums Project falls under the Ministry’s Department of Cultural Resources, whose top priorities include:
- Preserving local buildings of historic importance.
- Advocating for sustainable management of cultural assets.
- Encouraging community participation.
- Redistributing resources among cities and the countryside.
The four stages of the Local Cultural Museums Project are:
- To expand the nation’s cultural infrastructure by establishing local cultural museums.
- To transform local cultural museums into multi-functional art venues.
- To create a cultural living zone surrounding the local museum that will enable cultural exchanges and bolster living standards.
- To attract the cooperation of local governmental agencies, businesses and artisan associations in preserving traditional heritage and promoting regional cultural vitality.
For more information, please visit the project’s English-language website.