Community empowerment refers to empowering the people. By getting members of society involved, the Ministry is helping local communities to:
- Form a group identity.
- Have their voices heard.
- Fulfill their needs.
Policies & Initiatives
Phase II (Two) of the Ministry’s Community Empowerment Project is slated for 2008 through 2016. The three main objectives of the Ministry’s 9-year plan are:
- To nurture a new generation of community empowerment experts and to integrate regional resources.
- To support residents in empowering and engaging with their local community.
- To develop new methods of community empowerment through a sub-project called the Community Development Breakthrough Program.
In developing a community that is bonded by more than simply geographical proximity, residents can collectively promote and strengthen their local culture, heritage, environment, tourism and economy.
- November 2014 > Community empowerment takes root in rural Taitung
- October 2014 > Celebrating 20 years of community empowerment
- November 2013 > Empowerment project achieves greater synergy in 2013
- October 2013 > Empowering communities through theater
Log onto the Ministry’s bilingual Taiwan Community Interaction Website for eyewitness accounts of community transformation and the establishment of so-called “new hometowns.”