Cultural Division of the Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Office in Malaysia
- Site: www.taiwanembassy.org/MY
- Address: Level 7, Menara Yayasan Tun Razak, 200 Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Since its establishment on May 20, 2012, the Ministry of Culture has actively pushed for the development of overseas offices, including the creation of a Cultural Division of the Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Office (TECRO) in Malaysia in December 2013. The promotion of Taiwanese culture in Malaysia was previously carried out by the Information Division of the TECRO in Singapore.
In addition to promoting the nation’s cultural and foreign policies, the Cultural Division organizes art performances, exhibitions, film screenings, lectures, literary translations and publications, and cultural immersion festivals such as the annual Taiwan Week. The Cultural Division also aims to forge new partnerships with the cultural groups and educational institutions of Malaysia, facilitate interactions among both arts communities, and bridge the gap between Malaysia and Taiwan through cultural exchanges.
Using Kuala Lumpur as its base, the Ministry of Culture hopes to introduce Taiwan’s rich and diverse cultural features to Malaysia and neighboring Southeast Asian countries. Using Taiwan’s soft powers as a means to hold dialogue with the international community, the Cultural Division wishes to demonstrate the nation’s unique qualities and deepen cultural diplomatic relations.
- Contact: Culture Division, Taipei Economic & Cultural Office in Malaysia
- Phone: +60-3-21610630 or +60-3-21815105
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
August 2016 | Fun Taiwan Cinema
April 2016 | The Aesthetics of Ink Painting
July 2015 | BookFest Malaysia
July 2014 | BookFest Malaysia
- Feast of literary events to be unveiled in Malaysia
- Chinese literature-inspired concert slated for Malaysia
April 2014 | Anthology of Short Stories
- Short stories collection deepen Taiwan-Malaysia ties
- Taiwan-Malaysia anthology now available in English
July 2013 | BookFest Malaysia