The Emerald Initiative aims to deepen Taiwan’s understanding of its neighbors by offering grants for cultural exchanges and collaborative projects with personnel from Southeast Asia. Up to NT$500,000 per project can be awarded to help Taiwanese organizations in inviting personnel from Southeast Asia to live in Taiwan for six months.
During this time, Southeast Asian creative professionals can engage in activities such as curation, performance, writing, community development, cultural asset preservation and restoration, research, interviewing, reporting, and filmmaking. This will both broaden the scope of bilateral exchanges and create new opportunities for cross-border cooperation.
The ten Southeast Asian nations eligible for this program are: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines. Application information can be found here.
- August 2014 > The Ministry launches The Emerald Initiative
- March 2014 > Thai textile artist holds solo show in Taichung
- April 2014 > Short stories collection deepen Taiwan-Malaysia ties
- April 2014 > Exchange initiative continues with Southeast Asia
- August 2013 > The Ministry launches The 2013 Emerald Initiative